International students at the University of Nairobi should take note of the following:
- Familiarize yourself with local customs and culture to appreciate aspects like etiquette, greetings, taboos, and others and to enable easier and faster integration.
- Avoid going to downtown areas and other areas considered insecure when away from campus.
- Travel in a group or the company of locals if you are not sure about the safety of your destination.
- Always carry your Student ID together with your Student pass or passport.
- The main campus facilitates for automated banking services provided by ABSA Bank, the Cooperative Bank and KCB Bank.
- Avoid inviting strangers in your residence.